Monday, June 14, 2010

Someone who is my elder has been talking to me lately and i just dont feel like shes right when she says even though you get saved and repent you are still going to hell if you have divorced n remarried for anything other than adultry.....scriptures??

well, that's what the Word appears to say at 1st glance, but here are a few things to consider:

1) is divorce an unpardonable sin? I think not...if you genuinely repent of it, then it's gone, just like any other sin. But, esp for those who get divorce prior to salvation, that sin is definitely in their past.

2) Divorce sometimes has to happen due to adultery, excessive abuse, etc. It's the door to a new start, because the other party refuses to change. (see I Cor. 7)

3) Big or small, people make mistakes; sometimes people are not given enough help to make it as a couple. As a result, their relationship fails. God will not send a person to hell if they have a chance to repent, grow & learn from their mistake.

God is firm & fiery, but is more graceful than people really understand. Thanks for this question. I pray this helps you. God bless you & walk in His grace & mercy!

Ask me anything

No comments: