Monday, June 7, 2010

Ok, here's the deal: my mother-in-law is not cool...AT ALL. she's been saying things to my husband about me that are not cool to say about me in the LEAST..and he's listening!!!! am i completely wrong for considering a divorce??

Well, the temptation for divorce is a reasonable thought naturally, BUT you must defeat that thought. The devil wants to destroy your home & family life--but you must must must press on/forward.

here's what I would do:

1) Pray for 3-7 days & spend 50% to 100% more time really pressing in to the Lord. read & meditate on James 5:16-18, Psalms 37:4 & I Thess. 5:17. In that time, ask God to give you wisdom on what to say, when to say & how to say it to your husband.

2) Determine in your heart that you want to save your marriage. God "hates" divorce & we should strive to do so as well.

3) After spending time in prayer, you & your husband need to sit down & talk about how you feel about this situation from your heart. Tell him that you want to save the marriage but this is really hurting you.

4) Ask your husband if you & him could pray together each morning & night for a few moments/minutes.

5) You & your husband find a weekend to get away & just be alone. Use this time to relax, get away, talk with each other, etc.

If you have any other questions, please do feel free to ask again. God bless you & thank you for asking me. It's an honor.

Ask me anything

No comments: