Saturday, May 29, 2010

Through out my life I have been taken advantage of (raped)a few time and I find it hard to not only trust but give myself sexually to my husband...What could I do to get over this barrier so to speak?

Sorry for taking some time to answer this, but wanted to pray & answer when the time was right...

I pray that God would heal you mightily & revolutionize your life through the power of the blood of Jesus!!!

There is no cookie-cutter answer to this issue, but I believe the Word of God gives us answers & solutions even to critical situations.

Here are some things to do to get over this barrier:

1) Exert yourself more in prayer & ask God to heal your heart & help you trust more to those who need/deserve your trust but also ask Him to guard & protect you from people who may not be so trustworthy & could/would burn you down the road.

2) Talk with your husband openly & ask him to pray with you & to be patient with you as you come out of this. Remind him that this is more traumatic than you can understand, but that you are making an effort to come out completely (this way, you communicate to him what the problem is & help him understand you are on the path to coming out & giving yourself to him completely).

3) Ask God to show you who to trust, and start doing small things to invest trust into those relationships. Even test people by giving them small bits of information or something like that, and do it in a way where you can see if they keep it or divulge it...or just let God speak to you through times of prayer & reflection and see who He directs you to.

4) Find ways to spend more non-sexual time with your husband (if that is possible) and do stuff together like exercise, have chats, sit & watch tv, discuss interests/hobbies, etc. Some ppl get so busy with work, kids, etc. (not sure where you are) and fail to really invest time needed to properly build trust, even in a marriage.

God bless you & I pray that this helps. I will be praying for you in the meantime.

Ask me anything

No comments: