Monday, April 26, 2010

I've heard of several instances where ppl have denounced their Greek Letters after getting saved; what's up with that? (I asked this question b4 but didn't see an answer, so if u did answer I apologize for the repeat).

I did...sorry you didn't see it. here's the answer I put from last time (took me a little time to find it though--lol)

I've heard of multiple circumstances where people have denounced their Greek letters after getting saved. What's the deal with that? How is being Greek relavent to salvation?

Great question...

Here is the thing. I personally, although I know many ppl who are Greeks, know that there are some things about Greek life that are very ungodly & would disrupt a person's faith in Christ. Although Greek organizations are not the only organizations that have the potential to do this, they have been a distraction & a hindrance for many.

As a result, many people have left Greek life after salvation because they feel like they need to be more connected to the Lord & the Lord's work & that they no longer have time for Greek life & the things that go along with it.

Others have done research & there are some things, which I won't try to dive into on here, where they feel the Greek life contradicts their beliefs & faith in Christ.

2 weeks ago

Ask me anything

No comments: